the stories told throughout In The Shadow of War demonstrate the need for action. the team behind the film are now moving forward with an outreach plan.
The Generation peace project
The Generation Peace Project is an international programme which will give a voice to young people who have been affected by the worst examples of conflict across the globe.
In order to invest in knowledge and change, The Generation Peace Project will connect people, incite discussion and debate on the long term consequences of war. To do this, the project will create a community through events and tools:
Goals of the project
The Generation Peace Project aims to highlight the following issues which affect thousands of people across the world today:
- The importance of joint history in schools for all sides post-war
- Gaps in social protection for vulnerable children in post-conflict societies, especially the need for more psychological support for 16-21 year old's as they leave orphanages
- The need for counselling for war veterans immediately post-conflict, to prevent secondary trauma on their families and children
- More foster and adoption options
- The lessons that can be learned from Bosnia-Herzegovina when an emergency peace plan is partially implemented and becomes a constitution - to help other peace negotiations in other countries
WE WORK WITH A NUMBER OF PARTNERS WORLDWIDE, ALL WHO VALUE THE NEED TO LISTEN TO AND LEARN FROM THE PAST IN ORDER TO INVEST IN THE FUTURE.
Youth Initiative for Human Rights (YIHR)
Founded in 2003, YIHR is led by young people from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia. YIHR aims to engage youth in democratic society, strengthen the rule of law to ensure countries truly learn from their pasts and create new, progressive links in the post-war region of Ex-Yugoslav countries.
3 Generations is a non-profit organization that documents stories of human rights abuses through film. They enable survivors of crimes against humanity to record their experiences as an act of healing, a call to action and to create historical evidence.
Together Films is an ethical agency specialising in distribution and impact campaigns for feature films and documentaries with a social issue at the core. They support filmmakers by maximising their audiences, creating social impact and increasing their revenues.
the BRITDOC foundation and the bertha foundation
The BRITDOC Foundation is an organisation who support filmmakers in the creation of documentaries, including "In the Shadow of War". The BERTHA Foundation is an organisation with a track record in supporting social justice causes through documentary film.